Certificate in Public Administration
The public sector faces an increasing demand of public services by its citizens. Simultaneously, the room for maneuver is reduced due to increasing fixed government spending (for example, for debt service). Therefore, the public sector increasingly is subject to scarce regimes, as they are also present in the private economic sector. An in-depth management knowledge is required in order to meet these challenges effectively.
The course will teach you the professional and methodical knowledge and competences that prepare you to undertake management tasks in the public sector, i. e. planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and/or controlling in public organizations.
The specialization in Public Administration is designed for occupied men and women with little or no prior knowledge in the public sector who want to participate in a
education program at ISCED Level 4/EQF Level 5 in order to make new career opportunities accessible, increase their occupational mobility, secure their current employment, or return to work after parental leave.[more]
- Very good English skills
- High school/secondary school graduation
- A computer or tablet and an email address
- Public Management Core Modules (mandatory)
MI230 The Public Sector (1 Study Point)
MI231 New Public Management (1 SP)
MS230 Public Services Case Study (3 SP)
MX010 Project Thesis in Public Management (4 SP)
- Management Electives (15 SP minimum)
Special Areas of Management
Other Case Studies
In sum, you need 24 study points.
- In this online course, you study your chosen modules online—according to your own schedule.
- For each module, you take an online assignment/exam at any time.
- You can always contact your tutors if you have questions.
- In the online colloquia, you can discuss and exchange thoughts with both your tutors and fellow students.
- In the discussion forums and with the networking tool, you can connect with your fellow students and form learning groups.
- At the end of your course, you can work on your project thesis (optional). Here, you methodically solve a practical administrative problem in a public organization using your gained knowledge. Your tutor will provide advice, supervision and extensive feedback on your thesis.
As a graduate of the specialization "Certified Public Administration Professional (CPAP)" you will receive a certificate (without grades) and a report card (with grades). The course is classified as ISCED Level 4 and EQF Level 5. The program has a state authorization: ZFU No. 7292015.
- Regular payment plan:
12 monthly installments of USD 160.00 / EUR 144.00 / GBP 112.00
Total USD 1,920.00 / EUR 1,728.00 / GBP 1,344.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 4.00 / EUR 3.60 / GBP 2.80
- Extended payment plan:
24 monthly installments of USD 87.50 / EUR 78.75 / GBP 61.25
Total: USD 2,100.00 / EUR 1,890.00 / GBP 1,470.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 2.00 / EUR 1.80 / GBP 1.40
- Shortened payment plan:
6 monthly installments of USD 300.00 / EUR 270.00 / GBP 210.00
Total: USD 1,800.00 / EUR 1,620.00 / GBP 1,260.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 8.00 / EUR 7.20 / GBP 5.60
Our Risk-Free Policy implies that your first course month is your test month (30-day free trial).
- VISA or MasterCard
- Bank Transfer (SEPA/Europe only or TransferWise)
The New Elite
"Online Education can […] be extremely egalitarian, but it is egalitarian in a funny way. It can catapult the smart, motivated, but nonelite individuals over the members of the elite communities. [… A] good education no longer relies on living near a major city."
Professor Tyler Cowen: Average is Over. Powering America Beyond the Age of the Great Stagnation, 2013, p. 190.