Certificate in Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management is one of the most important capacities within a company or organization. Especially in a work- and knowledge-intensive society, human resources represent a crucial point of value added and are a source of competitive advantage. In recent years, the importance of human resource management has increased due to an expanding globalization and the augmented competitive pressure on the sales and labor market. Key topics include Staffing and Human Resource Development (because the procurement of talent and the refinement of human capital represents a significant competitive advantage) and Leadership (so that the entire team is committed to the company's objectives, thus exploit its full potential).
The course will teach you the professional and methodical knowledge and competences you need to work as a professional HR Manager. After you have finished the course, you will be prepared to coordinate human resources and their skills for the purpose of accomplishing organizational objectives and goals.
The certificate program in HR Management is designed for working men and women with little or no prior knowledge in human resources who need a
education program at ISCED Level 4/EQF Level 5 in order to make new career opportunities accessible, increase their occupational mobility, secure their current employment, or return to work after parental leave.[more]
- Very good English skills
- High school/secondary school graduation
- A computer or tablet and an email address
- Human Resource Core Modules (mandatory)
MH010 Strategic HR Management (2 Study Points (SP)) [Read Excerpt]
MH020 Staffing (2 SP) [Read Excerpt]
MH030 Leadership (2 SP) [Read Excerpt]
- HR & Organization Electives (4 SP minimum)
MH050 Training and Development (2 SP) [Read Excerpt]
MO010 Organizational Design (2 SP)
MO020 Organizational Behavior (2 SP)
MO030 Organizational Change (2 SP)
MO040 Organizational Micropolitics (2 SP)
- Management Electives (10 SP minimum)
Special Areas of Management
- MX010 Project Thesis in HR Management (4 SP)
In sum, you need 24 study points.
- In this online course, you study your chosen modules online—according to your own schedule.
- For each module, you take an online assignment/exam at any time.
- You can always contact your tutors if you have questions.
- In the online colloquia, you can discuss and exchange thoughts with both your tutors and fellow students.
- In the discussion forums and with the networking tool, you can connect with your fellow students and form learning groups.
- At the end of your course, you work on your project thesis. Here, you methodically solve a practical HR management problem using your gained knowledge. Your tutor will provide advice, supervision and extensive feedback on your thesis.
As a graduate of the specialization "Certified HR Professional (CHRP)" you will receive a certificate (without grades) and a report card (with grades). The course is classified as ISCED Level 4 and EQF Level 5. The program has a state authorization by ZFU No. 7292015.
- Regular payment plan:
12 monthly installments of USD 160.00 / EUR 144.00 / GBP 112.00
Total USD 1,920.00 / EUR 1,728.00 / GBP 1,344.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 4.00 / EUR 3.60 / GBP 2.80
- Extended payment plan:
24 monthly installments of USD 87.50 / EUR 78.75 / GBP 61.25
Total: USD 2,100.00 / EUR 1,890.00 / GBP 1,470.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 2.00 / EUR 1.80 / GBP 1.40
- Shortened payment plan:
6 monthly installments of USD 300.00 / EUR 270.00 / GBP 210.00
Total: USD 1,800.00 / EUR 1,620.00 / GBP 1,260.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 8.00 / EUR 7.20 / GBP 5.60
Our Risk-Free Policy implies that your first course month is your test month (30-day free trial).
- VISA or MasterCard
- Bank Transfer (SEPA/Europe only or TransferWise)
The New Elite
"Online Education can […] be extremely egalitarian, but it is egalitarian in a funny way. It can catapult the smart, motivated, but nonelite individuals over the members of the elite communities. [… A] good education no longer relies on living near a major city."
Professor Tyler Cowen: Average is Over. Powering America Beyond the Age of the Great Stagnation, 2013, p. 190.