Certificate in Healthcare Management
The healthcare industry has grown a lot in recent decades. The world population is getting older. At the same time, there is an immense growth of new medical findings and medical-technological progress. This presents the actors within the health sector with big challenges, but it also provides them with new options.
The course will teach you the professional and methodical knowledge and competences that prepare you to undertake management tasks in the healthcare industry, i. e. planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and/or controlling in healthcare organizations such as hospitals, medical practices, health insurance companies, or pharmaceutical companies.
The specialization in Healthcare Management is designed for occupied men and women with little or no prior knowledge in healthcare management who want to participate in a
education program at ISCED Level 4/EQF Level 5 in order to make new career opportunities accessible, increase their occupational mobility, secure their current employment, or return to work after parental leave.[more]
- Very good English skills
- High school/secondary school graduation
- A computer or tablet and an email address
- Healthcare Core Modules (mandatory)
MI120 The Healthcare Industry (1 Study Point)
MI121 Management of Healthcare Organizations (1 SP)
MS120 Healthcare Services Case Study (3 SP)
MX010 Project Thesis in Healthcare Management (4 SP)
- Management Electives (15 SP minimum)
Special Areas of Management
Other Case Studies
In sum, you need 24 study points.
- In this online course, you study your chosen modules online—according to your own schedule.
- For each module, you take an online assignment/exam at any time.
- You can always contact your tutors if you have questions.
- In the online colloquia, you can discuss and exchange thoughts with both your tutors and fellow students.
- In the discussion forums and with the networking tool, you can connect with your fellow students and form learning groups.
- At the end of your course, you can work on your project thesis (optional). Here, you methodically solve a practical management problem in healthcare industry using your gained knowledge. Your tutor will provide advice, supervision and extensive feedback on your thesis.
As a graduate of the specialization "Certified Healthcare Management Professional (CHMP)" you will receive a certificate (without grades) and a report card (with grades). The course is classified as ISCED Level 4 and EQF Level 5. The program has a state authorization: ZFU No. 7292015.
- Regular payment plan:
12 monthly installments of USD 160.00 / EUR 144.00 / GBP 112.00
Total USD 1,920.00 / EUR 1,728.00 / GBP 1,344.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 4.00 / EUR 3.60 / GBP 2.80
- Extended payment plan:
24 monthly installments of USD 87.50 / EUR 78.75 / GBP 61.25
Total: USD 2,100.00 / EUR 1,890.00 / GBP 1,470.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 2.00 / EUR 1.80 / GBP 1.40
- Shortened payment plan:
6 monthly installments of USD 300.00 / EUR 270.00 / GBP 210.00
Total: USD 1,800.00 / EUR 1,620.00 / GBP 1,260.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 8.00 / EUR 7.20 / GBP 5.60
Our Risk-Free Policy implies that your first course month is your test month (30-day free trial).
- VISA or MasterCard
- Bank Transfer (SEPA/Europe only or TransferWise)
Healthcare Management Infopool
- Definition of Healthcare Management
- The Healthcare Sector: Facts & Figures
- Career in Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management Employers
- Healthcare Management Associations
- Healthcare Management Magazines
- Healthcare Management Conferences
- Trends in Healthcare Management
The New Elite
"Online Education can […] be extremely egalitarian, but it is egalitarian in a funny way. It can catapult the smart, motivated, but nonelite individuals over the members of the elite communities. [… A] good education no longer relies on living near a major city."
Professor Tyler Cowen: Average is Over. Powering America Beyond the Age of the Great Stagnation, 2013, p. 190.